I want to be the friend
That u have been to me;
I want to be the soul mate
That u have meant to me
I want to mean as much to u
Each minute of the day
As you have always meant to me
Along each step of the way
I want to do the biggest and
The smallest things for u
That will brush the grays out of yr skies
And leave them only blue
I want to say the sweeter things
So often that I have heard
And feel that I could rouse your soul
The way mine u have stirred
I want to give you back the joy
That u have always given me
Yet I wish this need for you
Will never seem to be
I want you to feel as sheltered
As much as I who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours
With you to lean upon
I wish at this time that
I could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
You have always strewn along my way
And I have just one wish this life
And that would only be
I want to be the friend
That u have been to me
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment