The sea is deep and the tide is high
My life feels so unsure, insecure
Deep inside I feel the pain and cry
Alas! no one’s there to do the cure
I float along the waves
Every small one strikes
Still I go on with the strides
With the lows and the highs…
The taste of salt cuts through my lips
I long for the thirst of the water so sweet
When would there be the smell of land?
When would there be a place so neat?
Sailing along the waves so strong
I know nothing to fight them back
They take me here, they take me there
Don’t know how much the strength I lack!
In the middle of the sea, I see myself
Lonely, desperate, much in despair
And a stench of seawater
Added up to the layer
A birdie flew past me
Laughing at my state of loneliness
I did realize then
The meaning of godliness
We come alone
We live alone
We do sail alone
And we all pass alone…
The thought took its toll
And I was again all alone
No one to share the despair
All that existed were gone
There is darkness everywhere
There is silence
Only that remained was
The ocean’s senescence
The sea leads to nowhere
Meeting the sky at the end
Is an illusion
The reality is just a bend….
I sailed through the nights
I sailed through the days
The thoughts came flashing
In so many little ways…
The sea is now my own
I have learnt to love it!
There is no other way
Else to explore it!
The silence is the language
I talk it aloud
The senescence is the harmony
I feel inside the crowd
Perhaps this is the way
I must learn to live
And sail through the life
And begin to believe
The calmness of the sea taught me a lot
To sail through rough waters
And find myself a slot.
Whether or not I am ashore
I must sail through
The life for more
I know I’m alone
But still do believe
The sea will end and there is some land
For me to live
So I pray my lord
To give me some might
I believe some day
I will get my destiny right.
Yes, I believe
I will get my destiny right.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment