Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Wake up Call

I was sleeping on the lonesome bed
A pillow lay beside me hopelessly
Trying so hard to get some sleep
A distant dream annoying me so naturally

It was hard for me to fall asleep
I tried in vain to be in the dream
It wasn’t painless to be awake when
You stay awake in my thoughts and my dreams

I thought of you through the day
I thought of you all night long
You were there just beside me
Humming the tone of that beautiful song

The dream took me to those sweet moments
When we were together alone
No one in between, nobody to bother
Just the two of us in the moments bygone

I remember the feeling of your touch
The taste of sweet nectar…..
The feeling of anticipation doesn’t seem to fade off
It lingers on every now and after….

My nights go by just like this
Thinking of you, turning from a side to the other
Wish you were there to calm down
Every day, every night and another

The dream still disturbed me
Took me down the thoughts
And I found it so hard to fall asleep
I wish you were there to love me lots

I lay quietly over the bed
My eyes wide open, still dreaming
When I heard some distant tone
I realized, it was my phone that’s ringing

I heard your voice in whispers
Tried to figure out hard
Those three little words…..
Which my heart does always guard

The love we share is immortal, I realized
Beyond imagination or comparison…..
Extraordinarily unforgettable….
It needs no elucidation, illumination, revelation….

The wake up call made my day
Today, everyday and always
It’s now hard for me to turn it down
I know it’s you, anyways…….

No comments: