Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Life Inside

My heart beats faster as I appreciate the life within me
I feel on top of the world as he starts to talk
I feel him now, I feel him every time
As I sit with him, as I take a walk

Days passed by and he grew with me
Talking to me always, and smiling
I still try hard to feel his shift
For it’s a deal between us of caring

Nervousness surrounds me every time
Sometimes he is so silent…
And as abrupt as it may sound
Yes, he is a bit too violent

He was growing, I could feel him breathe
And the heart was beating along
I talked to him all day all night
And took him for rides so long

One day he said to me, “Mamma
Please let me come to your world.
I’ll make you happy when you play with me
And I’ll turn your days to gold!”

The special moment of joy was there
As he smiled at me with delight
I took him in my lap so large
He was so sweet, so small, and so light…

I can’t remember how the days had passed
When I first felt his being inside
And my eyes fill with tears of happiness
As I see him sleeping beside….

I promise you my son today
I will give you a life of gold
But please don’t forget your mamma
As she grows some years old!!

3 comments:

SwaZ!! said...

Wow, Very Nice Sanghamitra Ba.
Now when I am a mother myself, can relate to it fully...

Swati (Vishal's sis from KV BRPL)

Philip Dausi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip Dausi said...

Super....Your love sound so Deep.Like your writing...so genuine..!
keep it up!!